No products in the cart.
Essential Survival Tools – The Scrubba™ Wash Bag
The Scrubba wash bag is the lightest, most compact 'washing machine' in the world, making it an essential survival tool for all travelers, campers, hikers, and anyone looking to be prepared for possible emergency situations.
Keep reading below for the full description.
In stock: 4 left
The Scrubba™ wash bag is the lightest, most compact ‘washing machine’ in the world, making it an essential survival tool for all travelers, campers, hikers, and anyone looking to be prepared for possible emergency situations. Weighing less than 5 oz., the Scrubba™ can wash clothes anywhere, anytime, and will save you money.
Features & Benefits:
- Wash whenever and wherever you want for free
- Ultra-portable washing machine
- A modern take on the old fashioned washboard: hundreds of internal Scrubba™ nodules that efficiently clean your clothes in minutes
- Machine quality wash
- Durable microbial and hydrolysis-resistant polyether TPU; doubles as a dry-bag
- Lightest washing ‘machine’ in the world at only 5 oz.
- Folds down to pocket-size and is small enough to take anywhere
- Grip circles on the outside prevent sliding on surfaces when washing
- Transparent ‘window’ to see washing and filling levels
- Picture instructions printed right on the outside of the bag
- Valve to release air
- Saves you money and time doing laundry while travelling
- Great for holidays, backpacking, business trips, camping, outdoor adventures, boats, emergency power outages, and small apartments
- Volume of the bag is 3 gallons, but optimal washing volume is 1 gallon when filled with clothes and water
- Doubles as a dry-bag
Using Your Scrubba™ Wash Bag
These 6 simple steps are all it takes to have clean clothes on the go:
- 1) FILL IT: Add water, cleaning liquid, and clothes to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag (20-40% volume).
- 2) ROLL & CLIP: Roll down top at least 4-5 times and clip ends (like you would with a dry bag).
- 3) DEFLATE: Open and squeeze valve to expel air from the Scrubba™ Wash Bag.
- 4) RUB: Press down and rub clothes against the Scrubba™ Wash Bag’s unique internal flexible washboard for 30 seconds for a quick traveler wash, or for 3 minutes for a machine-quality wash. For delicates, press and rub gently.
- 5) RINSE: Unclip and unroll the Scrubba™ Wash Bag’s seal. Pour out water. Rinse clothes with fresh water in the Scrubba™ Wash Bag or under a running tap or shower.
- 6) DRY: Hang dry clothes on a clothesline, pat dry with a towel, or get creative (hang on a bed post, over a chair, on a hanger, or in a tree).
Step 1: Fill It
Step 2: Roll and Clip
Step 3: Deflate
Step 4: Rub
Step 5: Rinse
Step 6: Dry
Care & Maintenance
Follow these steps to maximize the lifespan of your Scrubba™:
- Rinse, invert and dry after each use. While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag uses microbial and hydrolysis-resistant polyether TPU, air-drying the inside of the bag will help it last longer and make it more hygienic.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or heat. Exposure to temperatures more than 50°C can damage the inner and outer coatings of the bag. Where possible, dry the bag in the shade.
- Take care when washing clothes with zips, buckles, or other hard features: Wrapping the clothes to cover zippers, buckles or other hard features can minimize internal damage to the Scrubba™ Wash Bag.
- Avoid sharp or abrasive surfaces: While the Scrubba™ Wash Bag is designed to tackle rough terrain, where possible select the least abrasive surface available when washing clothes to make the Scrubba™ last as long as possible.
Your Purchase Supports Natural Health Worldwide
It’s thanks to your financial support that we can continue to offer thousands of free articles, guides, videos, and other content on the subject of life-saving natural information!
An Essential Survival Tool
This product is one of many in our store that we rank as one of the most essential survival tools – and it’s great for everyone to have. A 5-star rating in our book.
Our Money-Back Promise
If you aren’t happy with your purchase, just let us know. We’ll refund you 100% of the purchase price or replace broken/defective items – no questions asked!
How long will the Scrubba last?
Treated well, the Scrubba™ Wash Bag should last for hundreds of uses. Care and Maintenance Tips are provided with the product.
How do you dry the inside after use?
After use, the Scrubba can be rinsed, then turned inside out to air dry.
What soap do you recommend if you are backpacking?
We recommend using a powder-form, chemical-free soap to minimize damage to both your health and the natural environment.
Can the Scrubba be patched if it is ripped or punctured?
The Scrubba wash bag may be able to be repaired using patches or glues that you can buy in hardware, cycling, or camping stores.
After the clothes are washed, how do you rinse them? Is it a problem to get all the soap out without a spin cycle?
Step 5 of the instructions includes a rinse ‘cycle’ where you empty the dirty water and refill the Scrubba™ with clean, non-soapy water, and give your clothes another scrub. Or, you can rinse your clothes under a tap or shower. As long as you are not using too much detergent (and only a very small amount is necessary), step 5 is sufficient to get the soap out of your clothes! The instructions are printed on the side of the bag.
Could you use it to effectively wash cloth diapers?
Depending on soilage, it would be best to pre-rinse and wash up to 2 at a time.